Honey is considered to be the food of the gods, as it never spoils and never goes bad. It's a widely known fact that stored honey was found in ancient Egyptian tombs. It is considered a food treasure because of its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
The healing effects and properties of honey are summarized below:
1. Bacteriostatic, bactericidal: it doesn't allow the growth of any pathogenic bacteria.
2. Liver boosting action: it acts effectively against liver and bile diseases.
3. Tonic and booster action: it has such an effect on kidneys and heart. Its diuretic properties help eliminate waste substances from the blood, while its antiseptic properties protect the bladder from infections. Its has beneficial properties on the heart muscle offering lots of energy, thus making the muscle work constantly. Finally, its vasodilating properties facilitate blood circulation.
4. It helps in cases of gastrointestinal diseases and constipation, and also helps the digestive process and the better assimilation of foods. It helps the treatment of gastric ulcer and gastroenteritis, having healing properties.
5. Antitussive, mucolytic action: it helps the restoration of the mucous membranes of the throat, while it soothes the persistent cough.
6. Soothing action: honey is considered beneficial to the nervous system. A beverage with honey relaxes and calms the spirit as well as the body. In fact, a honey drink before bedtime helps patients suffering from insomnia.
7. Therapeutic action: it helps in cases of various skin diseases, in the treatment of dandruff and dry skin, but also in wound healing.
Depending on its variety, honey offers many other nutritional benefits.
Our company ELLDORON LTD offers you the best varieties of honey, collected from Mount Olympus and Mount Kissavos, bringing them right at your table. You can view in detail everything that concerns conifer honey (from oak and from pine trees) and flower honey.